Search button


Get Social!

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Email this page

Administrative Record Changes

Colleges may request Administrative Record Changes after the add/drop deadline to rectify errors made during the initial registration process. Requested actions include late adds, drops and withdrawals as well as “swaps” of doctoral research hours for dissertation hours during the term as long as the student passes candidacy prior to the midpoint of the term. The College Request for Administrative Record Change form is available in GradInfo in Downloads > Student Services Forms. The request should include justification of the need for the change, a copy of the student’s schedule and the dean’s signature. 

Students wishing to request an Administrative Record Change for extenuating circumstances that are not a result of college/department error must e-mail for inquiries on the process and to request the forms.

Golden Rule

The Golden Rule is the university’s policy regarding nonacademic discipline of students and limited academic grievance procedures for graduate (grade appeals in individual courses, not including thesis and dissertation courses) and undergraduate students. Information concerning the Golden Rule can be found at Student conduct (academic integrity issues not involving thesis/dissertation, behavior, etc.) should be filed through the Student Rights and Responsibilities Office and not through the College of Graduate Studies. The College of Graduate Studies only handles academic issues and integrity in thesis/dissertation.

Grade Appeals

Grade appeals are handled by the Golden Rule process, section 5 (UCF-5.016). The program director will review the three criteria for grade appeals in the Golden Rule handbook and determine whether the appeal meets one of the three criteria. The appeal cannot go forward unless the basis for it is one of the three criteria. The appeal written by the student should specifically identify the academic action that is being appealed as well as the resolution being sought.

Academic Grievance Procedure

The College of Graduate Studies follows the procedures outlined in the Golden Rule, section 5 (UCF-5.017). Academic matters are those involving instruction, research, or decisions involving instruction or affecting academic freedom. The academic grievance procedure is designed to provide a fair means of dealing with graduate student complaints regarding a specific action or decision by a faculty member, program or college, including termination from an academic program. Academic misconduct complaints associated with sponsored research will invoke procedures outlined by the Office of Research and Commercialization

Students who believe they have been treated unfairly may initiate a grievance. The procedure provides several levels of review, and at each level of review the participants are further removed and have a broader outlook than where the grievance originated. Procedures for initiating an academic grievance can be found in the Golden Rule at


The University of Central Florida is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award degrees at the associate, baccalaureate, master’s, specialist, and doctoral levels. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call (404) 679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of the University of Central Florida.

Please note the commission's expectation that contact occur only if there is evidence to support significant non-compliance with a requirement or standard. For other information about UCF’s SACSCOC accreditation, please contact the university's SACSCOC liaison in UCF's Office of Academic Affairs.

| © 2015 University of Central Florida - College of Graduate Studies